The first WIP to come up on my random rotation was Dragonfly Quaker from Wiehenburg-Online. I bought this with a gift voucher from a lovely friend and converted the DMC to HDF silk. I stitched two motifs 1-over-1 on a 28-ct linen, then got to the third one where the silk colour was very close to the fabric colour and stopped.
That was in 2010.
I was nervous, going back to that third motif, but I’ve found it much easier than I expected to stitch (the fact I have had to get glasses with progressive lenses in the years since I started is probably a factor as I can manage to see it with my glasses on, allowing me to watch TV and stitch which I couldn’t do with my old glasses).
Anyway, I’ve now done another motif and it is looking really pretty. I can see why I fell in love with it, and while the small stitching is a bit more work, it’s worth it when I see the result.
I may have had a mix-up with the silk colours (two I thought were different look like they are the same), but I shall continue with the colours I know are okay and go back to the others later, when I’ve sorted it out.
On to motif four.