You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘on q-snaps’ tag.

The first WIP to come up on my random rotation was Dragonfly Quaker from Wiehenburg-Online. I bought this with a gift voucher from a lovely friend and converted the DMC to HDF silk. I stitched two motifs 1-over-1 on a 28-ct linen, then got to the third one where the silk colour was very close to the fabric colour and stopped.

That was in 2010.

Dragonfly Quaker 007

Dragonfly Quaker as it was when I stopped stitching in 2010.

 

I was nervous, going back to that third motif, but I’ve found it much easier than I expected to stitch (the fact I have had to get glasses with progressive lenses in the years since I started is probably a factor as I can manage to see it with my glasses on, allowing me to watch TV and stitch which I couldn’t do with my old glasses).

Anyway, I’ve now done another motif and it is looking really pretty. I can see why I fell in love with it, and while the small stitching is a bit more work, it’s worth it when I see the result.

Dragonfly Quaker 008

Dragonfly Quaker today after completing a third motif. (Excuse the camera shadow in the photo – it’s the one where the motifs showed up best.)

 

I may have had a mix-up with the silk colours (two I thought were different look like they are the same), but I shall continue with the colours I know are okay and go back to the others later, when I’ve sorted it out.

On to motif four.

Advertisements

I’m having so much fun stitching this. I can’t do it every day, but I find I’m making good progress when I can and I’m loving it. I haven’t had this much fun stitching in a very long time.

So here are lots more pictures.

13 March 2012: After 6 days of stitching

14 March 2012: After 7 days of stitching

15 March 2012: After 8 days of stitching

16 March 2012: After 9 days of stitching

19 March 2012: After 10 days of stitching

It’s been driving me crazy, not having something to do with my hands when I’m sitting watching TV, even if it’s just the news.

I did get out Defender of the Kingdom, but at 1 over 1 on 25-count, it’s too small for me to see with my glasses on – and I can’t see the TV if I have my glasses off. It’s also a bit fiddly for my current metal and physical energy level.

After briefly considering picking up so long-abandoned Hardanger, I decided to hunt out Mirabilia’s Autumn Queen. I’ve already stitched the first three seasonal queens (Winter Queen, Summer Queen, Spring Queen) and I always wanted to do this one to finish the set. Unfortunately, it got caught up in my general stitching decline. Since I had started Cinderella, I felt I had to finish that before starting something else by Mirabilia. Having officially made Cinderella a UFO makes me more comfortable about starting a new project.

Autumn Queen Model

I knew I already had the fabric because I’d bought an entire strip of white Belfast when starting Spring Queen and only needed half of it, so the rest was waiting, all labelled for Autumn Queen. I had also pulled out the Kreinik for the design ages ago. I even managed to find it today. When I looked, it turned out I already had all the beads as well and most of the DMC. So I need to buy the crystal treasures, some DMC and (yuck) some Wisper thread for her cloak. I used that in Winter Queen and it’s horrible stuff to work with. But I’ll manage.

I picked this one to try to have as a current project because it’s 2 over 2 on 32-count so I should be able to see it with my glasses on, because a Mirabilia design is generally an easy stitch but makes up into something beautiful, and because I’d love to finally have all four queens finished. (Although we’ll have to take out a mortgage on the house we don’t own to pay to frame them all, as the other three are rolled up in the cupboard because I wanted all the frames to match.)

So far, I’ve stitched a grand total of 14 stitches. Hopefully there will be more.

8th January, 2012

Defender of the Kingdom, 30th August 2011

Look, I finished a page!

Okay, technically it is half a page, as I’m working the design in half page strips, but who cares? It’s a page for me. That makes a grand total of 5/40! It always amazes me how much a difference it makes to put in those last few stitches in a particular area.

I have to stay careful and not do too much at once, but I’m excited about starting the next page on the strip as when I finish that, I’ll have half her face done. As always, I make no predictions on how long that will take, but I hope to have decent progress (and maybe even another page – or two!) by the end of the year.

Defender of the Kingdom, 13th August 2011

Defender of the Kingdom, 11th August 2011

For some strange reason, having a developing cold while Marcus is home from school, has me wanting to stitch (when I would have thought lying on the sofa reading would be easier, but it doesn’t feel like it would be at all). So here’s where I’m at with Defender of the Kingdom today. Hopefully there will be further progress pictures in the future, but at this point I just can’t say. All the same, looking at the picture I added of the first strip across, I have slowly made some progress since then.

Defender of the Kingdom, 20th July 2011